Friday, April 09, 2010

RIP Malcolm McLaren

Very unexpected news, I hadn't known he was ill and he was such a big influence on music. The Sex Pistols everyone knows about, but also my favourite, Adam Ant, and in the 80's he was also involved with bringing hip hop to notice with Duck Rock (I remember buying that and skipping just like it a few years earlier, only we used washing lines which bloody hurt if they hit your legs), and the NY gay scene with Waltz Darling.
He also directed a short film called The ghosts of Oxford Street  which I loved. If you've never watched it you should.

3 comments:

Eci si Cami said...

A consistent and interesting blog! We are interested in a link exchange? November event will be read with pleasure!
Greetings with respect!

The Queen of Hearts said...

I saw images from this online somewhere -- his funeral procession -- it honestly looked like a party. I hope when I die, its a party at my funeral.


Well after this, I should think nothing of falling down stairs.

thoughts running through my head.... said...

you're so right QOH, I was going to add some funeral photos but havent got round to it yet.
Too fast too live, too young to die!