Sunday, August 01, 2010

new things

I am so desperate to move right now,all in all its been a year since I decided to move and nearly as long since I first put the flat on the market.I have finally stored as many of the boxes as I could in my friends garage and have re 'house doctored' my place again for viewers.I have been buying things for the new place,wherever and whenever that may be as I want a new start with some new things rather that the same old same old I've had for ages.This is some of my haul;






vintage butterfly mirror



vintage bread bin


filing cabinet
I don't need another mirror but i just loved this one and its an unusual size too,approx 27inches across,the bread bin was a bargain at £4.50 and I've always wanted one-I liked the text on this,not too French.The filing cabinet was a practical buy for £8.

James Laver book 1943.

I have bought quite a few bits of clothing that I'll post seperately.I got this book today at a CBS for 50p,its a James Laver fashion plate book from 1943.It is in better condition slightly than it looks in the photo.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love the mirror and the table, great buys.

Vix said...

Lovely, lovely things! You have done well. Your new pad will be the coolest place on the block. xxx